Thursday, October 06, 2005

Trip Prep Minus Two Days

Okay, I have to ‘fess up. The hike is still on, but my bad knee is acting up. I don’t know what the deal with the knee is as it doesn’t hurt, it just feels different and my stride is off so that I’m sort of limping. I’m still going on the hike, but I’m not sure how I’ll do. Maybe I’ll get in the woods, have fun for a few days and head home without finishing the thing. Don’t know. I’ll just have to wait and see how the knee does after I’ve hiked a day or so or 5-8-10 miles. Maybe I’ll be okay, but I’ll just be slow—I’ve packed an extra day’s food for both Dog and I just in case. Maybe I can make Dog carry my pack, and I’ll carry his. As I think I’ve mentioned before, this hike has been sort of a jinx for me, and I’m trying really hard not to let that happen again when I’ve gotten so close . I’ve hiked hurt before, so it’s not as though this is the first time for that. In the meantime, I’m taking Advil and have given up my daily walks to see if that helps. Stay tuned.

No comments: